My scratch experience!

 



My experience while using the Scratch website was great! I ended up making a goofy and silly animation not with just my imagination, but my coworker also input his thoughts into the goofiness of it. At first, figuring out how to operate everything was confusing and it’s a big trial and error cycle but eventually the “play” ended up coming together. What I ended up learning is that to make things work you’re going to have to alter and change a lot of factors and variables. An example of this is trying to get the timings of certain music, animations, words, sounds, and more to line up correctly! There were also times when changing one thing would change another part of the play, so having to figure out what went wrong and fixing it was very insightful. Using Scratch compared to the languages in section 10.1 from the course textbook Certmaster Learn Tech+ was very easy since I did not have to type anything but just place everything in order. I ended thinking the easiest language to use since it was the interpreted languages since was the only one with an interactive portion. As of right now I am also learning python on some phone apps which doesn’t seem too difficult but I am in the very early stages of it so we will see but I am currently having fun with it. After reading more of Chapter 10 of the Certmaster Learn Tech+ some scenarios that each programming language would be useful for is the Structured Query Language (SQL). The example it gave was when you look something up the computer takes what you input and translates it into a query language and it searches the database and finds all the records you’re looking for and it even makes it into a nice looking report! Another one was the compiled languages which is usually used for video games. Overall, my experience with what we’ve learned so far has been great and fun. I actually want to learn more about IT and this is a great start so far!


https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1366835117


Comments

Popular Posts